Information Collection and Use
The primary goal of collecting information from users of this Site and Utila Apps is to be able to provide a safe and secure Service to you. In general, you can browse this Site without telling Utila who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once providers sign up (hereon referred to as register or registration process) on this Site, Utila requires the following information (“Provider Registration Information”) from you:
- password, and
- security questions and answers.
Utila requires that providers include this Information in order to:
- ensure that Providers have unique login credentials, and
- verify Providers' identities who forget their login credentials.
Providers are able to invite one or more of their clients ("Clients") to create accounts with Utila. Utila requires the following information as part of its Client registration process ("Client Registration Information"). Utila does not access Client Registration Information, except as required by law or to ensure the smooth functioning of this Site and Utila Apps.
Client Registration Information consists of:
- email address (optional),
- cell number,
- time zone,
- password, and
- security questions and answers.
Utila requires that Clients provide Client Registration Information in order to:
- ensure that Clients have unique login credentials, and
- verify Clients' identities who forget their login credentials.
- deliver messages from providers to clients' cell phones
Like most websites, this Site tracks anonymous data based on its users' behavior. This information helps Utila better understand its users' demographics, interests, and behavior so that Utila can continue to improve its service offerings. This information includes the web address a user came from and the web address that the user goes to next, computer browser information, IP address, and information on how users interact with this Site. Utila uses data collection devices such as “Cookies” on certain pages of this Site and Utila Apps. Cookies are small files placed on a user’s hard drive that assist Utila in providing Services. Utila uses session ID Cookies to allow users to access their accounts and to make it easier for users to navigate this Site and Utila Apps.
Utila is committed to not sending spam to its users, but it occasionally does need to communicate with Providers and/or Clients that are registered on this Site. The following are situations where Utila will send an email to its users:
- to provide a receipt of account activity (e.g., when you register, when your registration is approved, when you create a client account, etc.),
- important updates to Utila's Services,
- or a security breach.
SMS Text Messages
Utila allows providers to send SMS text messages to clients on a set schedule or immediately. Text messages are not encrypted (scrambled to make it hard for people to get your information), can remain on a phone and with your cell phone company forever, and can be read by people who gain access to your phone. When sending text messages with Utila, your provider will assume that you have your phone and are opening the text messages. If anyone else gains access to your phone, they could be able to read text messages from Utila intended only for you. You can respond STOP (not case sensitive) to any text message that you receive from Utila to opt out from receiving future text messages. Here are steps that you can take to protect your information:
- Use a password to protect access to your device. Ensure that your password is easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Use the autolock feature and/or timeout feature on your device.
- Do not jailbreak your device or download apps from sources other than designated app stores as these actions may expose you to security risk.
- Know how to remotely wipe your device in the event that you lose it
Information Access / Sharing
Utila does not share any of a user’s personal information with 3rd parties for marketing purposes. In some situations, we might be required to access or share your personal information:
- as required by law,
- to ensure the smooth and secure functioning of this Site, or
- in the event that Utila is acquired by, or merges with, a 3rd party.
HIPAA and Security
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA, is a federal law that requires special handling of personal health information ("PHI"). HIPAA applies to health and mental health providers, as well as any “covered entity," including Utila, LLC.
Utila’s Services were developed from the ground up with HIPAA compliance in mind, by security experts, legal consultants, and therapists. In accordance with HIPAA, Utila has physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to ensure that data transmitted through its applications is secure as required by HIPAA. Please see our HIPAA compliance statement for more information regarding HIPAA and guidelines for the safe use of this Site and Utila’s applications.
Notification of Changes
Changes to Utila ‘s UPP will be posted by Utila to the following web address in a timely manner: https://utila.us/privacy.html.